close

中文重會意,英文重形式。

可以幫我個忙嗎?                        省略主詞
Would you do me a favor?        主詞不可以省略

你好嗎?                                       省略動詞
How are you?                              動詞不可以省略


1.今天宿舍搬走了很多人。
Today quite a few people moved out of the dormitory.

2.我的英文說不好。
I can't speak English well.

3.西雅圖常下雨。
It often rains in Seattle.

4.我要買肚子痛的藥。
I want to buy some medicine for my stomachache.



a half hour  一個「半鐘頭」
an hour and a half  「一個半」鐘頭
I'm going to perform surgery(an operation). 醫生要動手術
I'm going to have surgery (an operation). 病人要動手術

That table is very noisy.那桌的客人很吵  (會意聯想的句子比較少見)



英文重理性分析,習慣由小而大,而且開門見山地點出重點或結果,再說原因。
中文是習慣由大而小,而且依序先說明原因。

I't helpful for your health to do exercise outside for twenty minutes every morning.
每天早上在戶外運動二十分鐘為你的健康很有幫助

I can't go swimming with you now because I got hurt in the park the day before yesterday.
因為前天公園裡受傷,所以現在我不能和你去游泳

英文習慣先說出結果,中文是最後才說結果。

前後back and forth
假如你一直前後地搖晃,這椅子很快就會壞掉。
The chair will be broken soon if you keep rocking back and forth.

左右right and lefe
很快地左右看一下。
Take a quick glance right and left.

左上upper lefe-hand ; 右下lower right-hand
我想請你在表格的左上角寫下你的名字。
I'd like you to write your name in the upper lefe-hand corner of the form.

東南 southeast ; 西北 northwest
波特蘭在美國的西北方
Portland is in the northwest of the United States.

新舊 old and new
新舊方法的不同是可預料的。
Differences between old and new methods are expected.

貧富 rich and poor
貧富差距正在擴大中。
The gap between rich and poor is getting wider.

先生女士
各位先生、各位女士
Ladies and gentlemen




閱讀中英文意犯錯誤比一比的筆記之一

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Hannah 的頭像
    Hannah

    Hannah紐約台灣進行式

    Hannah 發表在 痞客邦 留言(1) 人氣()